Little Miss Inventor is inviting children in the UK to think up invention ideas to help her friend Mr Bump! THE CHALLENGE HAS NOW CLOSED - we can't accept any further entries, sorry!
The invention idea will appear in an official Mr Men book! The winner of the challenge will also receive an original drawing of their invention idea from Mr. Men Little Miss. Now that’s not something that happens every day is it! 5 runners up will also receive drawings of their invention ideas.
And that's not all - the top invention drawings will also be featured at the official launch event for Little Miss Inventor on 24th March at the Manchester Science and Industry Museum!
So time to get these brain cogs going and get inventing!*
*Terms and conditions apply to you entering the competition and can be found at the bottom of this page. You must get your parent/guardian’s consent to enter the competition before you submit your entries!
Little Miss Inventor challenge pack
The challenge pack includes an introduction PowerPoint presentation to explain the challenge, an invention sheet, a guide on how to enter and a printable poster!
Little Miss Inventor wants you to help Mr Bump!Download
Terms and conditions
LITTLE MISS INVENTOR CHALLENGE COMPETITION – TERMS AND CONDITIONS TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO EACH ENTRY
- If you are the parent or guardian of a child who wishes to enter this competition, please read these terms and conditions on behalf of your child before they enter. Each entrant who is a child must have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter and, by giving your consent, you (the parent or guardian) agrees that the below terms and conditions apply to each entry submitted by your child.
- Each entrant is deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Little Inventors, MML and Egmont reserve the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award any prize, to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
WHO ARE THE PROMOTERS?
- The promoters of this competition are:
- Little Inventors Worldwide Limited (registration no. 10344685) (the “Little Inventors”). Correspondence address: 26 Granville Court Newcastle Upon Tyne NE2 1QT
- Mister Men Limited (registration no. 05098003) (“MML”). Correspondence address: Unit 3/4, 70 Weston Street, London SE1 3QH.
- Egmont UK Limited (registration no. 00449706) (“Egmont”). Correspondence address: 1st Floor, The Yellow Building, 1 Nicholas Road, London W11 4AN.
WHO CAN ENTER AND HOW LONG DOES THE COMPETITION RUN FOR?
- The competition is open to all UK residents:
a. aged 18 years or over; and b. aged under 18 years, provided that the entrant has permission from their parent or guardian to enter,
except employees of Little Inventors or MML or Egmont, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- Entrants under the age of 18 years may be asked to provide proof of permission from their parent or guardian to enter this competition. If such proof cannot be provided then unfortunately the relevant entry may be disqualified.
- The competition will run from 29 January 2018 (the "Opening Date") to 25 February 2018 (the "Closing Date") inclusive. All competition entries must be received by no later than the Closing Date. All entries received after 23.59pm on the Closing Date regrettably cannot be accepted.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter: (i) download the Little Miss Inventor challenge presentation available on Little Inventors’ website (www.littleinventors.org) and print out the challenge invention sheet provided in the presentation; and (ii) draw your invention idea on the challenge invention sheet, scan the whole sheet and then upload the scan of your idea(s) in jpeg, png or gif format to the Little Inventors’ website before the competition closes.
- Each entrant may submit up to a maximum of 5 entries but no entrant can win more than one prize.
- Neither Little Inventors nor MML nor Egmont accept any responsibility for entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or which fail to reach Little Inventors by the close of the competition for any reason (including, without limitation, technical issues).
- Copies of each entry submitted will not be returned.
- In relation to each entry submitted by them, the entrant confirms that:
- the entry is completely their own original work and does not copy or include any third party’s work;
- there are no conflicting agreements in place that restrict use of any images or other works included in each entry submitted by them;
- they grant each of Little Inventors, MML and Egmont a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence for the full term of copyright, to use, alter, adapt, publish, distribute, display and sublicense rights in the works contained in each entry submitted by them; and
- they waive all moral rights in and to each entry.
- Each entry may be displayed on the Little Inventors and/or MML websites (at the discretion of Little Inventors and MML respectively) and/or on social media and any other electronic media and/or at launch event(s) for Little Miss Inventor.
WHO WILL JUDGE THE ENTRIES?
- Little Inventors will share all entries with MML and Egmont. Little Inventors, MML and Egmont will be judging the competition together. The winning entries will be those that the judges consider to be the most inventive, creative and original. The decision of Little Inventors, MML and Egmont is final and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
WINNERS AND RUNNERS UP
- There will be one winner of the competition (the “Winner”) and 5 runners up (each a “Runner Up”). Judging of entries will occur after the Closing Date and the Winner and the Runners Up will be determined by 24 March 2018.
- The prize for the Winner will be: (i) one (1) original drawing by a Mister Men artist of an invention based on the Winner’s invention idea (the “Prize Drawing”), such drawing to be provided by MML; (ii) their invention idea being drawn by a Mister Men artist and a print featuring at the official launch event for Little Miss Inventor (currently scheduled to be on 24th March 2018 at the Manchester Science and Industry Museum); and (iii) their invention idea as drawn by a Mister Men artist featuring in one (1) future Mr Men/Little Miss book published by Egmont. Egmont and MML retain the discretion to determine the type of book in which the winning invention idea appears (e.g. a storybook or activity book or sticker book etc.) and the publication date of the relevant book. Inclusion of a drawing of the winning invention idea in a Mr Men/Little Miss book is subject to any required release/consent forms being signed by the entrant and their parent/guardian if applicable. Drawings created by Mister Men artists referred to above will be inspired by the winning invention idea but may vary in appearance (a) from any designs submitted as part of the entry, and (b) between the uses referred to in (i), (ii) and (iii) above.
- The prize for each Runner Up will be their invention idea being drawn by a Mister Men artist and featuring at the official launch event for Little Miss Inventor (currently scheduled to be on 24th March 2018 at the Manchester Science and Industry Museum).
- The Winner and each Runner Up will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided with the Winner’s entry) on or before the 24th March 2018 and must provide a postal address within 21 days of being notified of their win in order to claim their Prize Drawing. Names of the Winner and Runners Up will also be posted on the Little Inventors website and each entrant consents to such publication by entering the competition.
- The Prize Drawing will be sent to the Winner by post within 45 days of their postal address being confirmed after notification of their win.
- All prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- Little Inventors, MML and Egmont reserve the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equivalent or higher value if circumstances beyond their individual control makes it necessary to do so.
PUBLICITY AND DATA USE
- The Winner and the Runners Up may be requested to participate in publicity related to the competition which may include the publication of their name, age and invention ideas in any media. Entrants over the age of 18 hereby consent to participate to such use of their details, and Little Inventors and/or MML and/or Egmont shall seek permission from a parent or guardian of any Winners and Runners Up under the age of 18 prior to any publication of such entrant’s details.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS
- Little Inventors, MML and Egmont reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Little Inventors, MML and Egmont, their agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment occurring as a result of entering the competition or accepting a prize.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the competition submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.